Troop 23 has been very successful with just one fundraiser a year. With every scout selling wreaths, door swags, and garland the troop has been able to raise funds to keep its camping equipment and trailer in good shape as well as offset some expenses for summer camp and high adventure trips.
In 2020, we are looking to purchase a new trailer for the troop! The current trailer is very heavy and can only be towed by full size trucks. We will be purchasing a new, lighter weight trailer than can be pulled by large SUVs. This will significantly increase the number of people who can pull the trailer to outings.
- 9/5/2019 : Sales begin, paperwork distributed at meeting
- 10/24/2019 : Sales due at Parent Meeting: Summary Sheets + Checks, Delivery Sheets
- 11/23/2019 : Wreath pickup at Knight house
- 11/23/2019 - 12/1/2019 Scout delivers to customers
Please see the attachment to the right for all the details.
Popcorn Fundraiser (Optional)
We are offering the BSA council popcorn fundraiser this year. Please note this is optional, and in addition to, the Wreath primary fundraiser. It does not replace Wreath sales, and cannot be combined to meet the $350 minimum Wreath sales.
- For any Popcorn sales, Scouts will earn 15% of all popcorn sales, given back as Scout Bucks for both in Person and online selling.
- Scouts will earn an additional “bonus” based on their popcorn sales. The bonus program is run by the BSA-Pathway to Adventure, not affiliated with Troop 23.
- The easiest way to get started is with the Trail’s End App. Please see attached sheet for instructions on downloading the App. When downloading the app, our Council is Pathways to Adventure, District-Blackhawk, Unit Troop 23.
- Online sales with free shipping is available through the Trail’s End App. It is easy to download the Trail’s End App and register a Scout Account. Then Share your online fundraising page with out of town friends and family-delivery is free! Please note, the products and prices are different with the online fundraising page.
- You can use the Trail’s End App to sell in person too! The benefit of the Trail’s End App that you can accept credit cards anytime, anywhere, for free, even with in person sales.
See the Popcorn sheets for detail.
- 10/24/2019 : Popcorn order forms and money are due at the Parent Meeting
Questions? Please contact Jenna Tello below:
As an added incentive to all scouts participating in the Holiday Wreath fundraiser, they can earn funds to be used for outings, registration, fees or Troop equipment orders.
Each participating scout will earn a percentage of the sales above the required minimum, as determined by the committee, to be deposited in his individual Scout Bucks account which is controlled by the Troop Treasurer. These funds can only be used by active scouts and scouters.
If the scout leaves the Troop with existing funds, the funds will revert to the Troop general operating account. Prior to leaving the Troop, a scout can designate if his remaining Scout Bucks will be transferred to another active Scout in the Troop.