WHAT IS HIGH ADVENTURE?
As its name implies, High Adventure treks are longer in duration and more challenging physical and mental experiences. Scouts pick from a selection of outings and organize themselves and adults into Crews.
Troop 23 goes on one High Adventure outing per scout year.
Selection of Scouts for High Adventure Trips will be based upon Troop participation, age, experience, attitude, rank, and any special merit badges required for that particular adventure.
To be eligible scouts must meet the following minimum requirements.
- First-Class Rank
- Age 14 or completed 8th grade
- Camping & First Aid Merit Badges
- Venture-specific requirements
Past Examples of High Adventures:
- Philmont Scout Ranch (Cimmaron, NM)
- Northern Tier High Adventure Base (Ely, MN - Boundary Waters)
- Sea Base High Adventure Base (Islamorada , FL)
- Porcupine Mountains (UP, MI)
- Rocky Mountain High Adventure Base (Denver, CO)
- Adirondack Mountains Backpacking / Canoeing
- Appalachia Trail
- Camp Buffalo Bull / Yellowstone
- Isle Royale (Lake Superior)
- Baxter State Park Whitewater Canoeing (ME)
- Grand Tetons (WY)